Careers at Green Spot
Green Spot Technologies is a food/industrial-biotech start-up based in Toulouse, and incubated in a leading biotech incubator: Toulouse White Biotechnology Center. Founded in New Zealand, we recently moved to France after a successful seed fundraising.
Our mission is to challenge the food waste paradigm by producing novel high-value food ingredients with improved nutritional profiles from a diverse range of fruit and vegetable by-product streams that are currently wasted.
Green Spot developed a patented fermentation platform that transform wasted fruit and vegetable by-products into low “carb” flours with improved nutritional value and functionality, high in protein and dietary fibre, while being low in starch, sugars and fats.
We won a number of prizes and are in contact with numerous industrial players interested in our products.
Current open positions
FOOD PROCESS PROJECT LEADER (6-months internship)
We offer a great learning and fun experience to food process engineers through an internship at our R&D pilot plant to lead steps in the commissioning and validation of our innovative pilot facility and lead a Process Development project on the optimization of our raw materials supply and handling.
As an operational partner to our Technical Director (AgroPT98), you will lead the installation, commissioning and validation of the equipment in the pilot plant, as a background activity. This role will consist in ensuring the new equipments meet the contracted needs for each unit operation (timeline & cost, performance level, quality and safety), while providing suppliers with adequate support, coordination but also challenge.
You will also autonomously lead a Process Development project that will focus on developing equipment and processes that will promote shelf life extension for our raw materials, a key initiative for our project. This role implies the following actions:
• Understand the kinetics of raw materials evolution
• Identify techniques and suppliers to slow down or even stop this evolution
• Plan and perform tests to assess performance with a constant efficiency and safety drive
• Prepare and advocate the investment dossier
Life sciences engineering school, last year of the cursus, specialization in food/biotechnologies process or similar, or chemical engineering
• Personal qualities:
Sense of responsibility
Ability to speak fluently English and French is a requirement
• Join an exciting young start-up company driven by having an impact on the world by reducing food waste while generating while creating great nutritional products !
• Live in the beautiful Toulouse, “la ville rose”
• You will actively participate in the transformation of an entire sector
• Enjoy a fast-paced, international, interdisciplinary, inspiring, and collaborative work environment•